• Announcements

• Administrator

First time? - Click Here   04/10/2017

Welcome to Brain Scholars! Brain Scholars is an online community platform dedicated to promoting intellectual discussion around matters of the brain and mind amongst academics, professionals and the public.Registration is free and easy, but you may also post in our forums as a guest, without registering.  If you'd like to keep up with the latest discussions we post regularly to Twitter and Facebook,
Cognitive

Are Coursera courses worth spending time to pursue to boost CV?

Rate this topic

Cognitive    10

I have known about Coursera for a while now, but have only decided that this year I will pay more attention to actually fully completing courses instead of enrolling, watching a few videos then never going back.

Does anyone actively enroll on courses then stick by them? What's the secret?

999    10

I'm in a similar situation to you. Most people these days have their formal training which would be there University education and any graduate studies as well from a recognised institution of bricks and mortar.

Coursera markets that its courses can be used to gain jobs. But in my opinion people can only be successful in bettering the skills if the employer is progressive and up-to-date on online learning from websites such as this. I haven't come across many if at all employers which is think in this way.

I've done a handful of courses on that website just for my own interests but you need to have a passion of learning what ever it is you are enrolling on. You also need to treat it as a proper university module as if it was down to your Final grades, otherwise you won't take it seriously enough to finish it as you mentioned.

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.