• Announcements

• Administrator

First time? - Click Here   04/10/2017

Welcome to Brain Scholars! Brain Scholars is an online community platform dedicated to promoting intellectual discussion around matters of the brain and mind amongst academics, professionals and the public.Registration is free and easy, but you may also post in our forums as a guest, without registering.  If you'd like to keep up with the latest discussions we post regularly to Twitter and Facebook,
dafflebug

Does University Reputation For Masters Matter?

Rate this topic

dafflebug    0

Hello,

I am currently deciding on whether to pursue Clinical or Ed/dev. I think I would prefer Clinical, but I have an offer from a 'lower' ranked university and an offer for Ed/dev from a seemingly prestigious university. What I am wondering is if going to a lower ranked uni limits your future employment chances? Personally I think universities are pretty much the same so long as the course is accredited, but unfortunately future employers may disagree with me!

Any insight would be appreciated. :)

J1mmy    10

It depends what you want to go into. I personally was also bothered about studying at a more better recognised institution and doing a course which didn't fit into exactly what I wanted. My experience with employers is depending on where you go and seek a job. There are some who are more concerned about real experience and only very briefly consider your training. Others may hold your training in as high a regard as experience. But you need to do what you want to pursue in the future.

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.